One of the best dry herb vaporizers available since it’s release, the Mighty is made in Germany by Storz & Bickel. It has a resemblance with Crafty+ when it comes to design and some features but there are also significant differences, and the Mighty has the edge in terms of performance.
Mighty vs. Crafty+
Here are the characteristics Mighty shares with Crafty+:
- They both have an oven capacity of 0.25 grams.
- Their mouthpieces have a built-in air-cooling unit.
- They both use conduction and convection heating where heat is generated both inside and outside the oven to maximize THC extraction.
- They both use the same accessories.
- They both have the boost mode feature.
- They both are low-maintenance vaporizers.
- They both produce rich and aromatic vapor.
The differences between the Mighty and the Crafty+ are:
- Mighty is bigger and less portable, fits a large pocket.
- Mighty has a bigger battery and longer battery life good for 8-10 sessions.
- Mighty has on board temperature control and display.
- Mighty uses a proprietary plug-in charger vs the Crafty’s Micro-USB.
Design and Features
Putting function over style, the Mighty has a size of 14 x 8 x 3 cm (5.5 x 3.2 x 1.2 inch) and weight of approximately 235 g (0.5 lb). The Mighty is built with high-quality components:
- Body: It is made from medical-grade PEEK plastic and has roofs for heat dispersion.
- Mouthpiece: It swivels and folds away when not in use.
- Oven: It is made of ceramic, similar to most dry herb vaporizers.
- Battery: It is a lithium-ion battery and the Mighty has a battery level indicator showing a battery icon with six fields. The number of fields on display shows the extent of the battery charge.
- It uses a combination of full hot air conduction and convection heating technology.
- The chamber can be used for dry herbs with the additional drip pad.
- It heats up for about 45 seconds.
- It needs to be cleaned after being used for 20 to 40 times with alcohol wipes.
Precise Temperature Control
With the Mighty, you can adjust the heat settings quickly and easily due to the onboard temperature controls and LED display. The two preset temperature levels are:
- Basic: At a temperature of 356°F/ 180°C, it is a default setting and activated once you switch on the device by pressing the orange ON/OFF switch for at least half a second.
- Booster: At a temperature of 383°F/ 195°C, it can be activated by means of a double-click on the orange-colored ON/OFF switch. Once reached, this is signaled by a short double vibration and a blinking set temperature display.
The temperature settings also display the actual temperature and the set temperature. You can directly set the temperature on the device with the plus and minus buttons.
Mighty is a battery-powered vaporizer. The device is powered by two-cell batteries. It is rechargeable via a power adapter that you need to plugin. It performs even while charging for it can be used even as the batteries are running empty. It has a charging time of 1.5 hours, battery life of 1.5 to 2 hours and lasts for 8-10 sessions.
How To Use
- Detach the mouthpiece.
- Insert dry herb inside the filling chamber.
- Press the power button.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to set the temperature.
- The device will vibrate once it is ready.
- Inhale vapor.