The Pax 3 by Pax Vapor is the latest iteration of their flagship dry herb vaporizer. It retains the sleek and minimalistic design while having high-tech features such as as- built-in accelerometer, smartphone app control, over-the-air firmware updates, and a fast heat up time.
Design & Features
The Pax 3 has an “Apple-inspired” design and color scheme. It’s made of anodized aluminum with an ergonomic rectangular-shaped body. It has no visible buttons, and only the petal lights stand out in the design. Pax 3 has the following features:
- Interchangeable Mouthpieces: The Pax 3 features flat and raised silicone mouthpieces. The Flat mouthpiece preserves the stealthy shape of the Pax 3, while the Raised mouthpiece makes it feel more natural and comfortable to inhale.
- Interchangeable Oven Lids: The Pax 3 has a stainless steel oven that can hold up to 0.3g of dry herbs. It features an optional oven lid that reduces the bowl size in half.
- Lip-Sensing Technology: Pax 3 is capable of knowing whether you want to take a long or short drag. It will make real-time adjustments that suit your inhaling technique.
- Temperature Settings: There are four preset temperatures that can be adjusted by using the app, but the defaults are as follow- Green: 360°F | Yellow: 380°F | Orange: 400°F | Red: 420°F.
- Haptic Feedback: When the vaporizer reaches the temperature and is ready to vape, the device vibrates.
- Concentrate Compatibility: The Pax 3 has an optional concentrate insert, which allows to vape solid extracts.
- Long-lasting Battery Life: Pax 3 features a powerful 3500 mAh, which could last about 7-9 sessions.
The Pax 3 is a plug-and-play device and can stand-alone without using the app. The app shows the live temperature and some tutorial videos to help you get most of your Pax 3.
The app also allows you to name your Pax 3 and change some of the basic functions such as the LED brightness, activating the lock feature, and turning off the haptic feedback. You can also create your 5th temp setting, which you can set between 360°F-420°F.
The most important feature of the app is the ‘dynamic modes’ that will affect the heating profile of the Pax 3-
- Standard Mode – The Pax will boost the oven’s temperature by 5 degrees as you take a draw then drop back down until you draw again.
- Flavor Mode – This is quite similar to the standard mode but has a faster temperature increase and quicker cool down for optimized vapor flavor.
- Boost Mode – The Pax 3 will boost the temperature quickly and cools down more slowly. This is recommended if you want to have a quick session.
- Efficiency Mode – This mode is a great way to save battery life.
- Stealth Mode – This mode dims the petal lights and produces less vapor and odor. This is great for a covert session.