OverviewThe Pax 3 by Pax Vapor is the latest iteration of their flagship dry herb vaporizer. It retains the sleek and minimalistic design while having high-tech features such as as- built-in accelerometer, smartphone app control, over-the-air firmware updates, and a fast heat up time.
Design & FeaturesThe Pax 3 has an "Apple-inspired" design and color scheme. It's made of anodized aluminum with an ergonomic rectangular-shaped body. It has no visible buttons, and only the petal lights stand out in the design. Pax 3 has the following features:
- Interchangeable Mouthpieces: The Pax 3 features flat and raised silicone mouthpieces. The Flat mouthpiece preserves the stealthy shape of the Pax 3, while the Raised mouthpiece makes it feel more natural and comfortable to inhale.
- Interchangeable Oven Lids: The Pax 3 has a stainless steel oven that can hold up to 0.3g of dry herbs. It features an optional oven lid that reduces the bowl size in half.
- Lip-Sensing Technology: Pax 3 is capable of knowing whether you want to take a long or short drag. It will make real-time adjustments that suit your inhaling technique.
- Temperature Settings: There are four preset temperatures that can be adjusted by using the app, but the defaults are as follow- Green: 360°F | Yellow: 380°F | Orange: 400°F | Red: 420°F.
- Haptic Feedback: When the vaporizer reaches the temperature and is ready to vape, the device vibrates.
- Concentrate Compatibility: The Pax 3 has an optional concentrate insert, which allows to vape solid extracts.
- Long-lasting Battery Life: Pax 3 features a powerful 3500 mAh, which could last about 7-9 sessions.
Smartphone AppThe Pax 3 is a plug-and-play device and can stand-alone without using the app. The app shows the live temperature and some tutorial videos to help you get most of your Pax 3. The app also allows you to name your Pax 3 and change some of the basic functions such as the LED brightness, activating the lock feature, and turning off the haptic feedback. You can also create your 5th temp setting, which you can set between 360°F-420°F. The most important feature of the app is the 'dynamic modes' that will affect the heating profile of the Pax 3-
- Standard Mode - The Pax will boost the oven's temperature by 5 degrees as you take a draw then drop back down until you draw again.
- Flavor Mode - This is quite similar to the standard mode but has a faster temperature increase and quicker cool down for optimized vapor flavor.
- Boost Mode - The Pax 3 will boost the temperature quickly and cools down more slowly. This is recommended if you want to have a quick session.
- Efficiency Mode - This mode is a great way to save battery life.
- Stealth Mode - This mode dims the petal lights and produces less vapor and odor. This is great for a covert session.
Libbey F. –
A bit pricey but I think the vape is worth the price.
The appeal of the design intrigued me from the start, and I knew this device was going to provide me with the smoothest, cleanest hits available. Thank you!
Hazel Joy –
An absolutely fantastic piece of kit, lovingly developed to create a perfect vaping experience.
Julie Morisette –
It is truly incredible in many ways. It is very sturdy and well constructed. It looks like a piece of art.
Chickie B. –
It was everything and more, much more than I had hoped. Truly an amazing piece of design, feel like something out of the future and gave a totally new high. AMAZING!
I could rave all day.
Candy Rutherford –
Overall, this device is a pleasant alternative to other vaporizers (and bongs!). I am satisfied with my purchase, and I have already recommended it to members of my community that enjoy vaporizing herbal flowers, too.
Roberta Calindar –
I like knowing i’m taking my cannabis in perhaps the healthiest way possible
Chance Berryl –
first let me start by saying I LOVE THIS DEVICE!!! I quit smoking and needed to stop my bong and this is perfect! Being the first edition, I would imagine the following incarnations will be nothing but better. Its built incredibly well. Few of the “cons” and the only reason Im nitpicking is so they can take some user input for the next generations of this device!
Karl Bestow –
This is absolutely one of the most amazing pieces of technology I have seen in over a decade. Smooth smoke, delicious content, beautiful design. So stoked to receive mine and its been used several times already. Now if you could make it self cleaning, that would blow my mind!
Great work guys, I look forward to what you are making next!
Jackie D. –
I like it a lot. A whole lot. So much that I am willing to just basically say I like it a lot. Great Value for the cost. Works very well and gets the job done right. Just do not try and load it while you have been drinking liquor heavily. All night your product will end up all over the place as mine did.
Lanie Marley –
Came here really fast (about 4 business days), and straight out of the box I was super happy with it. It’s sleek and feels heavy and sturdy in your hand. The plastic chamber is very strong and cleans out really easy. I haven’t had a problem with the airflow yet and I’ve been using it a LOT. Great product.
Martina Jarvis –
It’s not too smelly so it’s easy to conceal, and it’s the easiest thing in the world to use. I love the app to execute fine controls and it’s just a great product overall.
grace tiu –
Good Product. Love it. Will continue to purchase.
William F –
It took me a few days to get a handle on the consistency of the tobacco, the temperature setting, and how tight to pack the oven in order to get big vapor hits. I am well pleased with this portable vape and believe it to be one of the best portables on the market.
Jonathan Jack –
Absolutely the best Vaporizer I have bought!!!!! the Pax 3 and it is great so far. Heats up quickly and it really hits clean and nice.
Rox Herm –
I was a loyal fan of my Pax 2 until I received the 3. Main differences are apparent- faster heating, feels more durable, hotter temp and you can use it as a combo now. Overall the Pax vaporizers have always felt very strong and durable in the hands while being backed up by a 10-year warranty and a good reputation for reliability. The Pax 3 is no different.
Rob mays –
I had the Pax 1 and loved it, decided to invest in a Pax 3 and couldn’t be happier. My friend uses a Firefly 2 and I like my Pax much better.