Cloudious9 is known to release innovative and unique products such as the Tectonic9
which is a fusion of a traditional grinder and an automatic dispensing grinder, and Hydrology9 which has built-in water filtration.
Their latest flagship vape is the new Atomic9 which is another gamechanger with its patent-pending dual-layer heating technology. It is suitable for beginners and casual users who are not yet accustomed to paying for pricey dry herb vaporizers.
With Atomic 9, you get a new budget vape without compromising quality in vapor.
The Atomic9 is a lightweight and low profile portable dry herb vape. Available in black and gray, it does not draw too much attention. Thus, it is a short and stealthy vape. Being under four inches tall in size, it can discreetly fit the palm of your hand and can camouflage itself inside your pocket or purse.
Parts and their characteristics:
- Body: It is durable for it is made of anodized aluminum alloy with a matte finish.
- Mouthpiece: This magnetic, hinged top allows for easy loading and cleaning.
- Interface: This includes a singular power button that operates all functions, an LED light indicator that reveals the status of the heating process at heating mode ( red light for when the ceramic chamber is heating up, and green light if the desired temperature has been reached), and a temperature indicator where you can choose from 5 preset temperatures ranging from 356° F to 428° F found at the opposite side of the slide.
- Dry Herb Scooping Shovel: This patent-pending retractable chamber loading shovel slides in and out through the shovel sliding switch, making inserting dry herb hassle-free.
- Cooling Chamber: This detachable, rapid vapor cooling chamber is responsible for shortening the airpath as well as producing a perfectly tempered and rich-tasting vapor.
- Ceramic Heating Chamber: It maintains the temperature and heats up the herb from 30 - 45 seconds.
- Residue Chamber: It is an area that makes residue buildup accessible and easy to dispose of. Hence, cleaning and maintenance is simple and fast.
- Charging Port: It implies that the unit is rechargeable with the use of an adapter and charging cable.
Dual-Layer Heating Technology
: It is a combination of the vapor consistency of convection heating with the space and energy efficiency of conduction heating. You get a hybrid heating process with this vaporizer.
In terms of heating efficiency, typically convection vapes have a large battery but with Atomic9 that's no longer necessary. Because of this, it is considered a revolutionary breakthrough from traditional vaporizers while still producing rich and consistent vapor.
: The Atomic9 has 5 preset temperature levels of 356° F, 374° F, 392° F, 410° F, and 428° F. Lower heat provides better flavor and less visible vapor, and a higher temperature provides stronger vapor. The levels also determine how fast the herb finishes heating up - with the lowest level (356° F) having a heat-up time of 30 seconds.
: The Atomic9 uses a lithium-ion battery. Charging time lasts for 2 to 2 ½ hours which is good for 9 to 12 sessions of vaping use. To check the battery level, different colors signal the following:
- Red - Low battery
- Yellow - Half
- Green - Full battery
How to use:
- Open the mouthpiece.
- Press side button to eject shovel.
- Scoop up the dry herb.
- Slide shovel back in.
- Close the mouthpiece.
- Turn it on by pressing the power button quickly three times.
- Dial your preferred temperature from the six temperature presets.
- Hold down the power button for three seconds to start heating.
- Inhale from the mouthpiece once LED light turns green.
Preston Luber –
My review of the Cloudious9 Atomic9 vaporizer
Having been a big fan of the original Hydrology9 and the new NX model I was anxious to see how the Atomic9 performed. I must admit I was totally spoiled by the water filtration system on the two Hydrology9 models due to the coolness and ease of draw.
When the Atomic9 arrived today it was charged so I tried it immediately using 374F. After more than 54 years of being involved with cannabis my lungs and throat “ain’t what they used to be” so I use as low a temperature as possible. At this temperature I was able to get two sessions out of one filling that yielded very light barely visible vapor yet the effect was evident.
As I suspected the draw was not like that of the water filtered units but it was better than the other portables I have tried. I had one session with the bowl packed tightly and tamped down and that presented a challenge in getting and easy draws. I have a second session with the bowl filled but not tamped and the draw was improved a great deal.
I then set the temperature at 392F and this produced flavorful and visible vapor. The effects were more pronounced as well. I use 383-401F on the Hydrology9’s so this was in the same range I am used to. At this temperature using filled bowl with no tamping I got one very productive session and the emptied bowl revealed a light brown toasted post vaporized amount.
This portable pocket sized vaporizer is a welcome addition to my other Cloudious9 family of vaporizers. I am delighted with my purchase.
The Tectonic9 grinder that was part of the Atomic9 bundle is a high quality device that makes grinding the herbs simple and the size allows my hand to better fit the unit’s top and rotation is a breeze. Well thought out.
Kole (verified owner) –
Great product overall. Hinge on mouthpiece broke after a week (shoddy plastic?). Thankfully still has magnets to keep together/working.
The one button control is a bit annoying to have to click through to power on/off and navigate temps but not awful. Fairly easy product to clean. But only get 4-6 cycles on one batter charge. I do wish the battery life was better but have found you can get more off the battery if you don’t let each cycle run the full 2 minute session and you power down after 60-90 sec on green.
Great value though and absolutely loving the free grinder that came along with it.