G-Pen, one of the leading companies in the vape world, released the G-Pen Connect earlier this year. They gained a big success amongst users who wanted an electronic heating source for their traditional concentrate rig.
On April 1st, 2020, they released a unique and new type of vaporizer called G-Pen Roam, a full functioning concentrate rig that combines portability with a water filtration system, making it the first portable/e-nail hybrid.
The G-Pen Roam is slim enough to fit in your pocket, powerful enough to produce thick water-cooled vapors, and have easy-to-use features making it a go-to vaporizer of both beginners to intermediate-level users. It has the balance of portability and performance that’s built with the finest materials:
- Body: Made of aluminum alloy shell created with ergonomic design to make it feel well-balanced and comfortable to hold. The bottom of the device, on the other hand, is made slightly thicker than the top making it stable while standing upright.
- Mouthpiece: Silicon mouthpiece is connected to the glass tube and air path which can be accessed by sliding up the body of the device.
- Heating Coil: Located on the top of the device, the quartz coil is covered by a protective housing that keeps the heat source away from your fingers. The housing can slide out of the device for cleaning, maintenance, or even loading.
- Three-Button Interface: The roam has three buttons: two for temperature +/- buttons and one for a power button. The iconic G-Pen logo on the front of the device lights up when it’s turned on and the LCD displays temperature level, battery status, or other settings.
- Heating Mode: The roam has two Heat Activation modes – Automatic Heat Mode and Manual Heat Mode that can be set according to your preference.
- Battery: It’s equipped with a powerful 1,300mAh lithium-ion battery that heats up to your desired temperature within seconds of activation to deliver smooth flavorful draws and can last up to 15 sessions.
With the Roam’s revolutionary design, it made all the difference on concentrate vaporizers. There are two types of it: concentrate Pens and e-nails. Concentrate pens are portable while e-nails have water filtration but none of them have the hydro-tube housed inside their body – Roam is the first unique vaporizer that has this feature.
G-Pen Roam has a three-button interface with an LED screen as well as haptic feedback making it simple yet classy vaporizer you’ll ever get. On top of that, it has unique heat activation modes:
- Automatic Heat Mode – The Roam will heap up to the desired temperature and vibrate to signal “ready to vape.” It’ll stay hot for 30 seconds and then vibrate again to signal “heat deactivated”. To do this, simply press the power button twice to activate auto-heat.
- Manual Heat Mode – The roam will heat up to the selected temp and maintain it until the button is released. To do this, click and hold the power button to manually activate heat.
- Max Mode – While the device is active on its top temperature, you can press the power button once to enter Max mode, which outputs full power without temperature control. “MAX” will be displayed on the LED screen while this mode is active and if the device overheats, the LED will display a hand and turn off until it’s cooled down. Max mode is often used to clean the device by burning off residue or for extracts that require higher temps.
How to use:
- Charge the battery (It’ll only take 90 minutes from empty to full)
- Fill-up the hydro-tube up to the marked line.
- Click the power button five times to turn it on.
- Adjust the temperature to your preference by clicking the temperature button.
(Note: Adjusting the temperature will have 25F increments which range from 600F-800F | 315C-425C)
- Load the concentrates into the coil.
- Push the button, let it heat, inhale, and enjoy!
The Roam is creatively designed and engineered – packing a self-contained water filtration system into a small and portable device is no easy task but G-Pen pulled it off.