Toronto-based company Utillian
is known for manufacturing high-quality and reasonably priced vaporizers - and the 620 is a good example of that. It is a smaller, more compact version of the Utillian 421
and Utillian 722
, and is only compatible with dry herb. The 620 features an improved “Helix” convection heating element, a familiar box-style design, and a glass mouthpiece that keeps the vapor pure and flavorful. The 620 also has a simple user interface- making it well-suited for beginners.
The Utillian 620 has a device body made of anodized aluminum and a user interface with three buttons - a power button and two temperature control buttons. It also has a glass mouthpiece with a “cooling chamber” that cools down the vapor before it’s inhaled.
- Magnetic Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece attaches onto the device with magnets - making loading much easier. The borosilicate glass material keeps vapor pure.
- Precise Temperature Control: The temperature of the 620 may be set anywhere from 320 – 428°F (160 – 220°C).
- Heating Chamber: The aluminum heating chamber fits 0.1 to 0.2 grams of herb per session. It may be removed for easier cleaning.
- Stirring Tool: Found at the bottom of the unit, this magnetic tool aids in loading, emptying the bowl, and a quick stirring between sessions.
- Battery: The 620 is powered by a 2300mAH battery that lasts 45-50 minutes on a single charge.
Convection Helix Heating
The helix/spiral metal piece is located underneath the oven and is designed to increase heat intensity. The air travels from the intake at the bottom of the device and travels up the spiral-shaped metal piece before it gets to the oven. This creates a more even heat distribution and produces more flavorful vapor while using less dry herb. It is also removable to prevent clogging and for airpath cleaning.
How to Use
- Remove the magnetic mouthpiece from the unit.
- Load the dry herb into the heating chamber.
- Replace the mouthpiece.
- Press the power button 5 times to turn the unit on.
- Press the up and down buttons to select your desired temperature.
- Once the unit vibrates, this means that the temperature has been reached.
- Start inhaling the vapor.